My name is Dan Counsell. I’m a Product Designer and Founder of Realmac Software, an award winning independent Mac and iOS development studio based in the city of Brighton, England.
I'm attempting to share the things I've learnt about running a successful online business. If you’re interested in selling, creating, and marking digital products I hope my articles help.
I try to regularly answer questions on Quora about the App Store, Marketing, and running a small business. I also maintain a Reading List of books that have had an impact on my life. I sometimes publish videos on YouTube.
I like design, technology, photography, running, reading, and coffee.
Products & Projects
- Hatch for iPhone
- Ember for Mac
- Ember for iOS
- Analog Camera for iOS
- Clear for iPad
- Analog for Mac
- Clear for iOS
- Clear for Mac
- Courier for Mac
- Socialite for Mac
- LittleSnapper for Mac
- RapidWeaver 5 for Mac
- German Design Award Nominee 2015
- Listed in the iMore 2014 Hall of Fame
- Listed by Huit Denim as one of the Makers & Mavericks in 2013
- Lovie Award Winner / Experimental and Innovation 2012
A selection of personal interviews.
- Workspiration, July 16, 2015
- DeskHunt, July 13, 2015
- Fournova, May 12, 2015
- Ryan Cash, May 6, 2015
- The Appreneur Summit, April, 2015 on successful app launches
- Binpress Podcast, March 31, 2015 on marketing Mac apps
- My Morning Routine, Nov 19, 2014
- Novice No Longer, Oct 9, 2014 on shipping apps
- Mobile Mavericks, Sep 3, 2014 on paid marketing
- SHIFT Magazine, Jan 3, 2014
- Iterate #57, Dec 2, 2013 on apps and Realmac
- Tuts+, Aug 29, 2013
- Macgasm, May 16, 2013
- Offscreen Magazine, May, 2012
- I often promote 3rd party products and services via affiliate links. These change frequently. Presume that most links here have an affiliate relationship attached, but also understand that if I'm promoting it, I use it and believe in the product or service.
- If you subscribe to my mailing list your email address will be kept private. I will never sell or share it with a third-party.
This entire blog is uncopyrighted. That means I’ve put it in the public domain, and released my copyright on all these works.
There is no need to email me for permission — use my content however you want! Email it, share it, republish it with or without credit.
Attribution is appreciated but not required.